Saturday, June 21, 2008

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor

Distance: 57.4km
Duration: 3:22:12
Calories: 2722
Terrain: Rocky jeep track, technical climbing and some singles
June Mileage: 390.6km

Rather clever last night with a bottle of tequila that didn't see the rising sun. Well it did but just through the pores of my creaking body. Felt like I had cement filled legs going up the first climb, it is was rocky and technical on a nromal day but today it was torture. Got to the top and thought about throwing in the towel but perspired through it. Glad I did because the hours spent in the saddle today were fantastic. Warm but fantastic. It was an up and down route, climb a technical rocky trail and then drop down and repeat. I wanted to continue but the body was not happy by the time I had got to the forty kilo mark so made my way home. Maybe next week I'll be able to complete the full planned circuit. The great thing is that I can lengthen the route to my desire and there are plenty of trials leading off in different directions and rejoining later. Till next week for the long ride.
Related Posts with Thumbnails