Wednesday, July 28, 2010

This one is for Mr Lamb

A Big thanks to Dimitri who has let me use these pictures from the Crit in Aalst. I got hold of him in connection with some earlier pictures of Sparticus and he gladly got back to me. I must say that these post crit races really interest me as they are basically a show piece for the riders so the atmosphere must be very different from the other races. Apparently in the early days the managers would manage the whole deal so that the winners were predetermined. You would get a slice of the action but may heaven help you if you went against the orders. They ruled the races with an iron fist and inside betting must have been rife. Cycling is so much more colorful than any sport with all it facets.
Alessandro Petacchi

Alessandro Petacchi

Hondo

Carlos Barredo

Criterium aalst

Any information on this post or any stories you would like to share can be sent to me. Don't be shy, lets share the history of our great sport
Related Posts with Thumbnails