Wednesday, December 31, 2008

As we go into 2009 I find myself looking back at a fantastic first year into XC racing and competitive mountain biking. I have started the blog experience and even though I fell short near the end of the year I had a great time sharing my experiences with those willing to spare a few minutes reading my dribble on the odd occasions that I posted. I have a read some great stuff from riders from all over the world. I hope that next year I might return to form and get some more post's in. We shall see. So I wish you all the best for the New Year and just remember to keep on pedaling.



This is the ceremony last night of the Israeli Cycling Federation. I took the overall for the Cup in the Sport Category. I managed to have enough points even though I went up to Expert during the middle of the year. My biggest lesson or I should say piece of advice to any rider is to rather be patient and gain experience in the lower leagues before moving up too fast. I went up to Expert and actually ended up loosing focus for the rest of the year. It was really tough racing against guys that had been racing for years. This lack of experience actually turned racing rancid for me near the end. Also not having clear goals due to moving up made motivation a problem. Riding should be fun, never forget that. So next year I plan on returning to those roots and growing within myself and not storming ahead.
Related Posts with Thumbnails